Palazzina di Caccia di Stupinigi
10:00-17:30 / 10:00-18:30 on weekends / Mondays closed
The Palazzina di Caccia di Stupinigi was built in Baroque style in 1729 and is only 10km from Piazza Castello. In addition to being used for long hunting expeditions in the company of members of the local aristocracy, Stupinigi was often chosen by members of the Savoy household for celebrations and dynastic weddings.
At the beginning of the 20th century, Queen Margherita of Savoy took up permanent residence here. In 1919, Stupinigi became the headquarters of the Furniture Museum and a space for events and concerts. In addition to its original furnishings and paintings, the museum hosts several masterpieces of cabinetry. The lodge’s beautifully manicured French gardens and internal spaces are open for public viewing, while its historic park, a part of the hunting reserve, is closed to the public.
All The Regge Sabaude Savoy Family Dwellings Near Turin